Monday, November 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for Breakfast

This morning's breakfast was inspired by my friend's pint of Ben and Jerry's that was in the freezer. My favorite thing as a kid was not the cake, but the batter!

1/2 cup quick/ rolled oats
1/4 cup raw cashews (or almonds)
1 Tbs maca powder
1 date
1/2 medium banana (1/3 cup)
2 Tbs flax meal
3 Tbs dried shredded coconut
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup water/ almond milk/ coconut water
2 Tbs cocoa nibs (or grain-sweetened-chocolate-chips)
Optional: for more sweetness, add coconut nectar, agave, or maple syrup.

Blend all ingredients except for the cocoa nibs/ chips in a powerful blender (Vitamix works best!) until smooth. Then mix the cocoa nibs into the batter.

I kind of had my fix from licking the mixer clean with a spatula (to be 5y/o again!), I might save the "batter" for a mid morning snack...

Click Here to learn more about Maca and other Superfoods.... 

No comments: